Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Name Game

My new Hell.

Youngest daughter has been on a tear these past several weeks about her name. Apparently, she hates her name, so now, because I signed a birth certificate with an "uncool" name I must endure the following.

Endlessly. Relentlesly.

Youngest: "Okay mom. Which name do you like best? Brittany, Ashley, or Meaghan..."
Me: " I hate them all."
Youngest: "Choose one."
Me: "OK. Ashley."
Youngest: " Not my favorite choice. If you could do it over again, if someone gave you $20,000, what name would you choose? Samantha, Erin, or Haley?"

This "fun" game has been going on for weeks now.

But she's heartless. Whenever she says "OK mom, what name do you like best?" I want to poke my eyes out with quilting needles.

Please make it stop. Please. Or else I'm going to court and officially changing her name to "Winnie." THEN she'll have something to really be pissed about.

9 Comments:

Blogger bostongraf said...

Mmmmm.....Winnie from the Wonder Years. Will always have a thing for her. Happily, she still is quite a looker!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005211/

7:40 AM  
Blogger Cake said...

A friend wants to have a baby but her Norwegian-born husband is causing problems with his choice of names if the child is a boy.

He favours "Hans" or "Bjorne."

Heh!

7:47 AM  
Blogger I Ain't No Oprah said...

I wish my name was Sharkey.

8:19 AM  
Blogger I Ain't No Oprah said...

uno

12:46 PM  
Blogger Cake said...

Settle down, Sharkey.

3:42 PM  
Blogger I Ain't No Oprah said...

uno

11:36 AM  
Blogger Cake said...

Where's Bemis? ::sob::

8:00 PM  
Blogger Cake said...

Let's assemble a posse! I can be there in four hours, wait for me.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Cake said...

I'm lost in the Boston Public Gardens...or is this the Boston Common...I can't tell. Send help, there are some locals eyeing me suspiciously, I think they can tell I'm not from around here...

::hides::

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home