Sunday, January 21, 2007

Now I've Gotta Retire

Simple reason: there's too much T.V. I need to watch.
For a while I managed to fit work into my busy T.V. schedule. When American Idol started up again, things got a little stressful but I've been down this road before and was able to juggle.

But then my friend Joanie (Person of the Year 2006) did something unspeakable: she got me (and my kids) addicted to that show "Lost" this weekend. Some friend...she's nothing more than a "pusher." Get em hooked and they keep needing more. Why didn't you just stick a needle full of heroin directly into my veins Joanie?????

I'd never seen "Lost" until my so-called-friend Joanie decided to purchase the entire first season on dvd. It's sort of like Gilligan's Island for the
21st Century. A bunch of people get stranded on a remote island and after several months the men only have stubble on their faces and the women still manage to make their bikini waxing and teeth whitening appointments. Only it's much more realistic than Gilligan's Island because...

1. Nobody wears evening gowns every day like Ginger did.

2. Instead of finding Japanese soldiers who think they're still fighting WWII, this crew discovers their little island is inhabited by polar bears, possible monsters, and "Others."

3. People "hook up," if you catch my drift. I mean, we all knew there were "sparks" between the Professor and MaryAnne, but that show was made before sex was invented.

And unlike Gilligan's Island, where you could watch one episode and possibly skip the next without missing anything (yeah right...who did THAT? but I won't tell) "Lost" keeps you hanging week to week. I'm behind two seasons already and now I have no choice. I have to catch up.

It's cruel.

Maybe I'll just quit my job, put my children up for adoption and go on television disability.

There is such a thing....right? Please?

13 Comments:

Blogger Cake said...

Dear Wuweili,

Whattya know about Managusta?

4:29 PM  
Blogger Bemisdown said...

cake,

Judging from his name, I think he's a Managusta native. The Wuweili clan are practically Managusta royalty.

Nice to have an historian around, isn't it?

4:38 PM  
Blogger Bemisdown said...

anunomess,

That sounds like way too much work.
Which is what I try to avoid at all costs.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Bemisdown said...

Anunomess,

Managustians would never have allowed themselves to be part of the Soviet Union.

It's a warm, fun place.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Bemisdown said...

And anunomess...

8005882800 EMPIRE!

Just wanted you to have a nice carpet jingle in your head before you hit the feathers.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Cake said...

Anunomess:

I don't edit on the weekends or in the evenings, so you're just fine. As for vodka...you're right, you can't go wrong with anything to do with potatoes.

Bemis:

Can Wuweili get us discounted tickets to Managusta, d'ya think??

7:15 PM  
Blogger Clinky said...

How do you deal with "Heroes" and "24" being on at the same time?

11:12 PM  
Blogger bacon ace said...

"my friend Joanie (Person of the Year 2006)"

Ouch, whadda jerk. Sounds like she won't be POTY 2007 with actions like that, or even get a managusta trip invite.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Bemisdown said...

Motheragawd,

The Wuweili's are really very nice people-all that stuff you read about themand cannibalism is overstated.

But boy are they psyched so many people are now interested in visiting Managusta!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Bemisdown said...

Clinky,

I don't watch Heroes. And I'm not gonna start. Ever. Ever.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Bemisdown said...

bacon ace,

My thoughts exactly.
"Friends Don't Let Friends Get Hooked on Never Ending Television Series."

I saw that on a poster somewhere.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Bemisdown said...

Hey Holy Mother,

How did you do the Spanish trick with your exaclamation points?

Do you have one of those fancy multicultural computers, or did you just turn your keyboard upside down?

1:23 PM  
Blogger Bemisdown said...

Holy Mother....

WOW!

Now I'm wicked impressed!

You have magical powers, don't you?

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home